Immunocore, a pioneering, clinical-stage T cell receptor biotechnology company has an immediate opening for a Research Business Manager to assist Research leaders with the smooth running of the department. This individual will report to the CTO and will support all members of the Research leadership team, ensuring processes are in place and appropriately managed that enable the achievement of department scientific and financial goals. The Research Business Manager will be responsible for critical management, administrative and budget responsibilities thereby freeing scientists to focus on science that will result in medicines for patients in need.
- Working with project leaders, and with input from Portfolio Management, help organize and manage team meetings for early (pre-portfolio) non pipeline projects
Budget management and Research best practices
- Assemble and manage an external conference attendance tracker – maintain an up-to-date record of who is attending which meetings (to be discussed with Research leadership) and reconcile with budget (estimated versus actual costs). Help scientists with conference bookings.
- Maintain an external research tracker; i.e., an up-to-date record of external research requested for the year. Notify scientists about planned versus actual spend, timing, and ensure that there is a record of work completed so collaborators can be paid on time. Help with the contracting process as necessary.
- Track training requests, approvals/non-approvals (with rationale) and budget for scientific training.
- Help track overall research spend, especially areas of high consumable spend. Lead a cost savings group within Research to come up with ways to save on consumables.
- Help establish research business practices; assemble and maintain a research business guide (i.e., a how-to manual). Help managers with on-boarding new employees.
- Assist with research business updates to the Immunocore Leadership Team (ILT) and board meetings (board papers + presentations)
- Assist with the scheduling of Research governance meetings, ensuring that meeting dates align with availability of key , as well as recording, tracking and completion of actions
- Track and coordinate Discovery science and Process enhancement activities across Research and support definition and tracking of objectives
- Help arrange and manage research seminars. For invited external speakers and advisory boards, help get confidentiality agreements and any additional required documentation in place prior to the visit / board meeting.
- Work with the host scientist(s) to plan the agenda for the visit/board meeting.
- Help invited speakers with travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Act as the main point of contact for invited speakers on the day of the visit and answer logistical questions.
- Provide administrative support for biosafety meetings. Ensure scheduling of regular meetings.
- Help with the logistics of Research Town Hall meetings
- Handle requests for scientific papers not available on Open Access
- Work with Research leadership to come up with additional ways to ensure the smooth functioning of the Research department
- Minimum BS/BA in relevant scientific area (biochemistry, immunology, etc) that will enable the individual to develop a strong basic understanding of Immunocore science and technology
- Previous experience with project management and/or budget management are desired
- Expertise with EXCEL; can read a spreadsheet and budget statements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work simultaneously on a wide range of projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work collaboratively and closely with teams
- Comfortable around senior leaders; willingness to speak-up and make suggestions
- Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with people at different levels and across different departments