Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAX molecules, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well-established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Research department are now seeking an Associate Scientist to join their Discovery Research team. The main purpose of the role is to conduct experimental investigation, with supervision and guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Perform experimental work with some guidance to contribute to
- Generation of cellular and molecular tools (plasmids constructs, recombinant proteins, and cell lines) to support research activities company-wide
- Establishment and consolidation of a platform for the characterisation and validation of newly generated cell lines
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Commitment to growing and learning labs skills and scientific theories
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Operated in a bench-based laboratory environment with competence in key techniques relevant to the department:
- Molecular biology skills (PCR, design and generation of DNA constructs)
- Protein production, purification, characterisation and engineering
- Recorded results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Worked in an industrial / biotechnology laboratory environment
- Cellular biology skills (tissue culture, flow cytometry, cell cloning, lentivirus preparation and use)
- Experience in genome editing techniques (e.g. CRISPR/cas9)
- Next generation sequencing (from library preparation and bioinformatic analysis)
- Hands on experience in DNA and protein characterisation techniques (electrophoresis, western blot, ELISA)
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc. or MSc. in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline (Essential)