Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Research department are now seeking a Scientist to join the Antibody Research team to conduct and design experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process or technology capabilities.
- Experienced in cell-based assay development and assay miniaturisation is essential for this role
- Experienced in automation and use of liquid handling robots (e.g. Hamilton robotic platform or similar) is essential for this role
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Experienced with immunological assays such as ELISpot/ELISA, killing assays and FACS using multiple cell types.
- Design and implementation of high-throughput screening assays for potency and specificity assessment.
- Comfortable using automated platforms to increase functional assay efficiency.
- Manage/maintain multiple cell lines.
- Perform a diversity of cell assays particular to the effector being assessed and provide guidance and input.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Worked in a bench-based laboratory environment with competence in key techniques relevant to the department
- Competent in the safe use of general laboratory equipment
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Presented results and scientific practices
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience working with T cells/lymphocyte assays.
- Adept at co-ordinating assay management across functions.
- Generate concise reports on-the-fly as data is generated and adapt assays to return most information-rich data.
- Assimilate multiparameter data and disseminate data in an efficient way.
- Input into assay design and screening strategy.
- Transfer of stablished screening assays to automated platforms.
- Previous experience screening biotherapeutics (e.g. antibodies, bi-/multi-specifics) beneficial.
- Knowledge of Immunology
- Experienced in High Content Imaging technologies
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc or MSc. in protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline (Essential)
- PhD in related discipline (Desirable)