Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell Receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well-established pipeline of wholly-owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune, as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Research department are now seeking a Group Leader to join the Pipeline Biology group to lead a team of preclinical scientists conducting experimental investigations and input on the strategic direction of the group, enabling the advancement of the Company’s pipeline, process, and technology capabilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – ROLE SPECIFIC
• Lead preclinical development of ImmTAX programmes, in collaboration with the programme team and other functions, according to set timelines, including generation of data and documents supporting regulatory submissions.
• Managing a group of preclinical scientists, including:
o Headcount planning and recruitment
o Conducting the annual appraisals, career development discussions and identifying development needs
o Setting employee objectives, providing regular feedback on personal performance and reviewing progress against objectives., as well as understanding the career objectives of direct reports, setting realistic expectations and guiding individuals on the experience and learning needed to achieve their goals.
o Contributing to the annual remuneration review in line with the Company process and within budget
• Act as a Preclinical leader, as a mentor within the group, and represent Preclinical to other functions.
• Contribute to the operational running and maintenance of Cell Biology laboratories.
• Contribute to process enhancement activities in order to improve ImmTAX preclinical development.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Strong expertise in the majority of the core cell biology and immunology techniques with the ability to mentor and clearly articulate, guide and lead others with the most appropriate analyses and interpretation of the scientific data.
• Track record of leading efforts in drug screening and development.
• Understanding of regulatory requirements for regulatory submissions, experience preferred.
• Managed, mentored and/or coached individuals or a team to greater success and advising on areas for improvement.
• Participated in decisions and discussions assessing employee performance, remuneration and hiring.
• Strong management skills, supporting staff to deliver towards company’s objectives and in their personal development, as well as complex situations.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong working relationships
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Essential: PhD in related discipline
• Desirable: Additional study or training in management or business practice
Application closing date: 7th August 2020