Department: Research management
Reports to: Head of Research management
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide project management support for early stage pipeline programmes.
- Coordinate the delivery of the early stage pipeline programs
- Work with Program leads to ensure effective progression, governance, communication, planning of each of the programs in the early phase pipeline (from target identification to molecule optimisation for manufacturing)
- Ensure program team and governance meetings are run efficiently, including their organisation, recording, action tracking and completion.
- Develop structured plans with timelines and resource requirements and use to forecast areas of potential delays/issues/ operational needs within the early stage portfolio.
- Support appropriate and timely communication of pipeline project progress and timelines to key stakeholder groups including senior management, research leaders, program teams (internal and partner) and internal communication
- Actively monitor and update pipeline program stakeholder registers and ensure appropriate inclusion for communications and pipeline meetings
- Provide administrative support for internal research and partner programs (e.g. data transfer, database and project folder access,).
- Support the transfer of early phase programs to development by ensuring the transfer of information to the development program lead / team.
- Support proactive risk management across early stage pipeline programs
- Ensure internal alignment of key scientific messages ahead of external (partner) communications (ad hoc, JPTs etc.).
- Liaise with external (partner) stakeholders to ensure documentation of decisions/actions
- Identify and aid implementation of opportunities to improve efficiency at both the individual project and portfolio level, in areas including scheduling, collaboration, data management, logistics and reporting
- Be part of the team that owns, champions, defines and improves our project and portfolio management process
Experience & knowledge
- Project or Product management experience preferably in the Biotech industry, working on complex projects.
- Demonstrable expertise in project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to build great relationships with key stakeholders and user groups and work with them to understand the scientific, clinical and operational problems that need solving.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Highly proactive in identifying risks, raising issues, and identifying solutions within the project and predict where opportunities for improving processes may arise in the future
- Exceptional relationship building skills to quickly understand the needs of all internal and external teams and collaborators
- Delivery-focused mindset, capable of scaling at pace, taking operational and practical ownership of projects
- Strong track record in a relevant scientific discipline
- Formal project management training
Closing Date: 13th June 2020