MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources, organizational and employee development at the business unit or division level.
Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, stock renewal, workforce planning, and organizational change).
Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. May play a role in administering talent management and succession planning activity within client organization. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
This role will liaise with our small UK-HR team.
- Responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Works closely with payroll department in the UK and handles payroll queries related to the US staff across multiple states as and when required
- Assists with recruitment of permanent and contract staffing requirements including background checking and raising offer paperwork
- Provides input and guidance on benefits and participates in yearly renewals, coordinating open enrollment periods
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, this may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and leavers process as and when required
- Conducts employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
No supervisory duties expected/ supervisory responsibility is expected
Experience & knowledge
- Requires a minimum of 5-8 years of related human resource experience, ideally in a biotech and Global Company
- Knowledge of state and federal law
- Experience in dealing with complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Experienced in dealing with key stakeholders of the business in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of payroll practices in different states desirable
- Communication Proficiency.
- Must work with professional discretion and confidentiality
- High Prioritization
- Self-motivated- able to work autonomously
- Able to anticipate challenges and devise strategies for success
- Result and deadline orientated
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills, and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
Education & qualifications
University degree with experience
IMMUNOCORE VALUES – ALL STAFF
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Work authorization and a valid passport is required for this role.
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement can be found on staff intranet, in the employee handbook. Human Resources can provide a copy per request.
This job operates in a professional office environment and external environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This role requires the ability to move without any physical difficulties. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK / TRAVEL
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Local, and overnight travel limited.