Immunocore is a leading T Cell Receptor (TCR) biotechnology company focused on delivering first-in-class biological therapies that have the potential to transform the lives of people with serious diseases.
We’re on a mission to transform the lives of people with some of the world’s most challenging diseases. Using our soluble TCR platform and ImmTAC® molecules, we have potential to deliver life changing medicine that can target and destroy cancer. This is your opportunity to join us as a Director of Business Development and be part of the next phase of our journey, working on a ground-breaking oncology drug that has potential to have a real impact on patients.
The Director of Business Development for Immunocore is responsible for growing and securing external funding through partnering with financial investors, strategic pharmaceutical partners and academic collaboration. This position requires someone who has the highest level of confidence and engagement skills supported by strong commercial instinct and capability to champion Immunocore as an evolving and innovative Biotech. You will also be responsible for supporting the associated due diligence and corporate alignment to secure and deliver final contract negotiations to a successful conclusion. This role will need someone who is able to understand commercial considerations and navigate complex sales opportunities. You will need to establish external high level relationships and be well networked ideally within the biologics industry.
- Proven business development experience, preferably gained within a biotech, and understanding of biological therapeutics including both pre-clinical and clinical drug development.
- Experience of managing due diligence processes, negotiations and understanding of drug development and commercialization.
- Needs to demonstrate scientific knowledge and gravitas to deliver credible scientific discussions and presentations.
- Experience of scouting for innovative drug development partnerships including both academic and commercial.
- Understanding of IP sufficient to support contractual negotiations, drafting and review of basic NDAs, MTAs, research collaborations and licensing agreements.
- A well-established commercial/academic network is strongly preferred along with a progressive knowledge of innovative alliance structures, industry trends, and competitive issues related to pharmaceutical business development
- Scientific or Business related degree is required; training in a biological (pharmacology /biology/biochemistry) discipline preferred.
- Must demonstrate scientific knowledge and gravitas to hold/drive meaningful scientific discussions with industrial and academic experts and key opinion leaders.
- A proven and established business development network within the industry is strongly preferred along with a progressive knowledge of innovative alliance structures, industry trends, and competitive issues related to pharmaceutical BD.
- Results-oriented, creative, self-starter with the ability to deliver high-quality deliverables on time that are appropriate for review by key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to be effective in a matrix environment.