Immunocore is a leading T Cell Receptor (TCR) biotechnology company focused on delivering first-in-class biological therapies that have the potential to transform the lives of people with serious diseases.
We’re on a mission to transform the lives of people with some of the world’s most challenging diseases. Using our soluble TCR platform and ImmTAC® molecules, we have potential to deliver life changing medicine that can target and destroy cancer. This is your opportunity to join us as a Head of Internal & Executive Communications and be part of the next phase of our journey, working on a ground-breaking oncology drug that has potential to have a real impact on patients.
The Head of Internal & Executive Communications plays a critical role and highly influential in developing and implementing an integrated, global internal and executive communications strategy for Immunocore. Reporting to the CEO and serving as a collaborative member of the Immunocore Leadership Team, the Head of Internal and Executive Communications will lead, develop and implement internal and executive communications programs in support of Immunocore’s vision, mission, strategic plan and organizational priorities. The role is charged with ensuring visibility of the company’s top leadership, including CEO, as ambassadors of Immunocore and is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic internal and executive communications plan for Immunocore. The role demands an ongoing strategic focus on building and enhancing clear and consistent executive messaging with key stakeholders in support of business goals and priorities, and broad employee engagement and relationship-building with other key stakeholders, including the Board, investors, and scientific partners.
- Provide communications strategy for and counsel to the CEO and Immunocore Leadership Team that delivers consistent executive messaging throughout Immunocore and drives employee engagement.
- Become a trusted advisor to leadership and serve as counsel for communication strategies that produce business results.
- Develop proactive engagement plans that identify opportunities for the company to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Responsible for ownership and advising on all external and internal corporate and scientific narrative to ensure consistency in messaging and all supporting collateral.
- Proactively partnering with Immunocores external communications agency on the ongoing development for all external and internal communications strategy.
- Responsible for overall ownership and guidelines for content of the company intranet ‘The Core’ and all associated updates and ongoing developments.
- Ensure ongoing governance and guidelines communications channels including Social Media for all associated BLA, FDA, MHRA, EMA announcements
- Coordinate internal and executive communications strategies and plans with clear objectives and consistent messaging.
- Create communications materials, including executive speeches and presentations for key audiences.
- Provide speech-coaching to executives and ensure effective message delivery.
- Advise and counsel senior management on internal and executive communication clarity, issues, risks and opportunities.
- Assess and measure communications vehicles and programs to insure their effectiveness and ongoing impact on driving strategic priorities and achieving business goals.
- Manage Immunocore communications resources and staff, if relevant. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Immunocore leadership, understanding their organizational needs and advising on communication solutions to meet those needs. This includes working with all levels within the organization.
- Serve as the primary writer supporting the CEO and ILT on projects including - but not limited to - major presentations, speeches, speaking points, slide decks for a variety of venues (e.g.,Town Hall, All Hands meetings, executive site visits, cross-company speaking engagements, large round-table discussions, videos and webcasts) and key internal channels on a variety of topics (e.g., employee recognition, business updates, organization announcements, business strategy).
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with proven of experience in a strategic communications role in a corporation or major public relations firm; biotech or scientific experience preferred. Ideally a Master’s degree
- Understanding of the value and complexity of planning and implementing effective internal and external communications strategies in a global context
- Experience coaching and advising senior leaders as strategic communications counsel
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization, with a special focus on senior management
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Capacity to handle high volume of activity in fast-paced environment, with proven ability to manage both people and projects
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate work within and across teams to leverage resources effectively and achieve results