Immunocore is a leading T Cell Receptor (TCR) biotechnology company focused on delivering first-in-class biological therapies that have the potential to transform the lives of people with serious diseases.
Due to the significant growth of our clinical development portfolio and associated expansion of our translational biology activities. We are now looking for a Bioinformatician to join our innovative and multi-disciplined team. We currently utilise the full spectrum of modern biological assay techniques which include the following; genomics, proteomics, immune cell phenotyping,and single cell sequencing. The successful candidate would be working on the following;
- To further develop an understanding of the mechanism of action of ImmTAC therapeutics
- Identify the potential for novel combination therapy strategies
- Develop predictive/prognostic biomarkers
- Facilitate the computational analysis of pipeline ImmTACs
- To build and develop Immunocore’s bioinformatics capabilities to support the biomarker and wider clinical team with data management and integrated multivariate data analysis.
- You will use your knowledge of statistics/ machine learning to integrate and interrogate our multi-factorial biomarker and our clinical data.
- Work collaboratively members of the Bioinformatics research team and cell/molecular biologists to develop and validate novel analytical methods.
You will ideally hold a relevant PhD or MSc or equivalent experience supported by excellent analytical skills and programming experience (e.g. R, python) is essential. Knowledge of biomarker research, preferably in the cancer immunotherapy field, is desirable. The role would be suitable for an academic looking for their first opportunity within industry.