Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will play a key role in driving the changes required within Financial Reporting needed to support a fast changing and growing organisation. This covers a broad range of activities from supporting commercialisation and establishing a transfer pricing framework through to establishing a high standard of external financial reporting and internal control framework.
- Working closely with the FR Manager, as the organisation seeks to commercialise over the next two years, to ensure all aspects of Financial Reporting are ready. This includes Business Information requirements, set-up of financial reporting systems and agreed accounting policies.
- Support in implementing the transfer pricing model required to support commercialisation working with FR Manager and external 3rd party tax advisors implementing new organisation structures and flows both within UK, US and EU.
- Accounting paper preparation to support new accounting standards but also any potential new deals or collaborations that Immunocore may enter into.
- Assisting in implementing controls across Financial Reporting and ensuring controls are met to a high standard of compliance required by Sarbanes Oxley.
- To support implementation of Financial Reporting KPIs, their regular preparation and review, identifying issues and areas of improvement together with implementing the required solutions.
- Responsibilities for month end and a number of required entries working closely with the FR Manager to manage and close month end.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements under IFRS with sole responsibility for the preparation of certain notes and disclosures.
- Assist with the development of quarterly financial statements as may be required going forward.
- Responsibility for the UK and US R&D Tax Credit calculation covering aspects such as the Orphan Drug Tax Credit in the US and working closely with our tax advisors to ensure correct tax treatment reported and full compliance with tax legislation.
- Working closely with the external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Project and other adhoc work.
Experience & knowledge
- Strong financial accounting knowledge.
- Solid IFRS understanding.
- External reporting experience and good understanding of statutory accounts, interim and annual report preparation (can be obtained either in practice or industry).
- NetSuite experience
- Controls implementation and process improvement experience
Education & qualifications
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Degree educated.
*Please note, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role. Please do not apply if you do not have the right to work in the UK