Immunocore is a leading T Cell Receptor (TCR) biotechnology company focused on delivering first-in-class biological therapies that have the potential to transform the lives of people with serious diseases.
We’re on a mission to transform the lives of people with some of the world’s most challenging diseases. Using our soluble TCR platform and ImmTAC® molecules, we can deliver life changing medicine that can target and eliminate cancer. This is your opportunity to join us as an IT Project Manager and be part of the next phase of our journey, working on a ground-breaking oncology drug that can have a real impact on patients.
The IT Project Manager leads, oversees and ensures the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management. They will be responsible for ensuring that their project realise the expected business case, or are stopped appropriately.
This role works across all IT and Business functions based on the topics to be managed.
- Analyse project proposals to ensure appropriate resources, time, funding and other requirements are understood for successful delivery.
- Create work breakdown structures, identifying and scheduling project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment (RAID), and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of the Project Methodology. Act as a coach to junior project managers, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding project management practices.
Experience & knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years project management experience, ideally in a similar role within a Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical company, covering projects with regulatory requirements or in an industry with significant controls
- Experience in an SME environment and the balance of cost pressures vs process adherence.
- Experience managing IT infrastructure, applications, telecommunications and other general IT operations projects
- Significant knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools (for example, Microsoft Project), with solid track record of practical application
- Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organization. Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Ability to manage and direct activities of others in a multi-project environment
Education & qualifications
- Degree qualification in Business, Computer Science, Operations Management or related discipline, or equivalent, demonstrable project management experience