We’re on a mission to transform the lives of people with some of the world’s most challenging diseases. Using our soluble TCR platform and ImmTAC® molecules, we can deliver life changing medicine that can target and eliminate cancer. This is your opportunity to join us as an IT Applications Operations Director and be part of the next phase of our journey, working on a ground-breaking oncology drug that can have a real impact on patients.
Immunocore is a leading T Cell Receptor (TCR) biotechnology company focused on delivering first-in-class biological therapies that have the potential to transform the lives of people with serious diseases
This role will be responsible for managing the applications group that has specific responsibility for building or configuring, maintaining or enhancing, and eventually decommissioning applications through their life cycle.
- The IT Applications Operations Director will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of applications:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Provide support and facilitate innovative and experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames.
- Ensure that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Manage application group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- The IT Applications Operations Director’s primary responsibility is to ensure the applications cost-effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Facilitating the application governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications must support.
- Working with stakeholders and the application governance council to define a prioritized set of business outcomes and application work to accomplish those outcomes within the limitations of the application budget.
- Working with stakeholders to accomplish this application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Overseeing support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production and development of processes and tools in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to automate the code releases from development to operations.
- The IT Applications Operations Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the application organization (including staffing, budgeting and other relevant management functions) and is required to hold all application delivery teams accountable for optimizing the cost, risk and value of applications throughout their life cycle.
Experience & knowledge
- Experience in a similar role within a Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical company running an IT applications / operations / service team, demonstrating functional implementation and growth
- Experience in Software design/development, application architecture, project management, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, business intelligence, and/or security
- Experience managing the risk and cost implications of IT contracts or contract negotiations.
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks. Operating Financial / ERP applications in a SOX environment.
- Master Data Management definition, applications and governance, along with integration tools (EDI) and external orchestration suites
- Data Warehousing and Analytics systems selection, implementation and management
- Project Management experience, Lean IT, agile work management, application development, and DevOps principles and frameworks.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
Education & qualifications
- Degree qualification in Business, Computer Science, Operations Management or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project
- Background in life sciences and/or biologics
- PRINCE II Project Management training or comparable
- ITIL v3 training
- Agile / SCRUM training