The IT Business Analyst & Relationship Manager is responsible for the relationship between Immunocore’s business area and the Information Technology (IT) Department. Accountable to the business area for the quality of the overall services they receive, they identify business needs, agree the business case for action and leads the process to define requirements, identify solutions in line with IT Strategy and deliver a working service. The IT Business Analyst & Relationship Manager has a key role in ensuring that the processes and systems operating with the business area they support are mapped out and managed.
This role is primarily responsible for the Commercial business area, although other duties may be assigned as appropriate. The role is based in our Milton Park, Abingdon office.
- Understand the Business Strategy, IT Strategy, and business area strategy and ensure that these are best aligned.
- Ensure that Immunocore IT Policies and Processes are understood and in place within the business unit for a frictionless relationship
- Communicate the activities and projects within the business area into the IT team so that they can be best supported, and visa versa
- Proactively and reactively identify business opportunities through the application of technology and process, agreeing the business case with the relevant business area manager
- Capture the business process flowcharts for their areas in line with Immunocore standards and the QMS SOPs
- Perform and/or lead the solicitation of requirements following the Immunocore policies and processes
- Identify appropriate technical solutions for business needs in partnership with the process owners, aligned to the IT architecture and business strategy
- In partnership with other IT leaders, manage relationships with IT, business areas and vendors during negotiations and evaluations to identify potential issues and risks. Maintain open lines of communication with all parties
- Ensure business information in the CMDB is fully populated such as Application Owner, RTO/RPO requirements, process coverage, and product ROI; and that these are linked to the prioritisation of the IT backlog
- Lead the transformation of IT from a series of IT tools and projects, to business services with clearly mapped value-adding outcomes and functionality with a focus on their supported areas
- Consult with business area to review IT usage, services, technology, and department specific projects in order to identify, forecast and develop IT needs
- Prepare and submit operational budget and cost estimates for proposed projects to senior management
- Serve as liaison with the Information Technology (IT) department and all other departments in Immunocore to identify, forecast and address IT needs
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- 5-10 years experience in a similar role within a Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical company, working with a Development or Corporate focus
- 3-5 years experience in a role with an international scope, with exposure to the US regulatory environment
- Experience in an SME environment and the balance of cost pressures vs process adherence.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, telecommunications and other general areas of IT operations
- Knowledge of portfolio management and performance monitoring practices and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of business finance principles, demonstrable experience in forming solid business cases of varying sizes
- Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organization
- Ability to manage and direct activities of others in a multi-project environment
- Ability to perform business and process analysis
- Participated in EFQM or other Business Process improvement projects
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development
- Statistical and information analysis skills (a plus)