Our business insights and new product planning team are growing. We're looking for a market & competitive insights analyst to come in hit the ground running and manage the channel. This small, but essential team is very visible in the business, with exposure to senior leadership and cross functional operations such as business development, the corporate office and programme leadership teams.
£45,000 - £60,000
- Conduct market assessments to guide early stage research and anchor senior management’s decision making regarding target selection and target indications for preclinical assets, as well as lifecycle management.
- Develop positioning statements and Target Product Profiles for pipeline assets, in collaboration with cross-functional team members
- Support the optimisation of clinical trial design, through a detailed understanding of the competitive environment and likely evolution of target markets
- Model the ongoing evolution of patient numbers and forecast product sales, underpinned by a rigorous understanding of disease epidemiology and market dynamics
- Lead the delivery of competitive intelligence on platform competitors and competitors in key indications, including developing the team’s conference / congress coverage strategy
- Proactively flag key trigger events in the competitive landscape and drive work on their implications
- Identify and highlight potential pricing and market access issues to relevant teams
- Provide commercial input to internal portfolio reviews and portfolio investment decision-making
- Support potential product or platform collaborations and / or acquisitions with timely and insightful company analysis
- Create dashboards for use by senior management and beyond, to ensure commercial insight is shared effectively across the organisation
- Across all work streams:
- Ensure all recommendations are forward-looking and are derived from a deep therapy area knowledge and a detailed understanding of market dynamics, to enable decision making with a long-term perspective
- Clearly present findings to cross-functional teams, and motivate them to make decisions and take action
Experience & Knowledge
- Broad and deep knowledge of the pharma and biotech industry
- Experience in oncology and understanding of its future direction required
- Excellent market and competitor analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of industry data sources and vendors
- Experience analysing multiple, complex data sources to form a narrative and distil key issues
- Financial modelling skills, including forecasting peak sales and interpreting NPV calculations
- Strong written communication skills – ability to communicate complex issues succinctly
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams and in operating effectively in a matrix environment
- Well-developed project management abilities
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Significant experience in the biotech / pharma sector via industry or consultancy roles
- Professional experience in market and/or competitor insight roles
With our first drug candidate in pivotal studies and a pipeline of TCRs to follow, we are seeking to expand our team. The rapid development of the Immunocore pipeline will result in multiple assets entering the clinic in the next 18 months. Consequently, there is an urgency for strong and robust commercial input to maximize the potential of the oncology portfolio and integrate a commercial perspective into every major pipeline development decision.
We are looking for you to provide objective, in‑depth analysis of current and future markets, product performance and competitors. The successful applicant will be critical in directing data-driven improvements to our R&D strategy, portfolio planning and BD activities.