Huge opportunity to lead one of our business units, Infectious Disease. We're looking for someone with not only the scientific credentials to further the Immunocore platform in the infectious diseases space but also a business leader with proven experience building and developing a business unit in terms of fundraising, research management, investor relations and senior leadership.
L9 - £160,000 - £220,000
You will transform patient’s lives with infectious diseases by leading the strategy and people of the Infectious Disease Unit through the application of the Immunocore platform to treat infectious diseases; to nurture a culture of high performance and growth by serving the unit to attain this purpose.
- Lead the Infectious Disease unit of ~47, indirectly and ~8 directly. Nurture a culture of high performance and growth, through distributed leadership, a foundation of trust and guided by the principle of psychological safety
- Lead the continued development of the scientific strategy of the pipeline through sensing and responding to emerging data and new information, internally or externally
- Oversee Infectious Disease pipeline – Hep B, HIV and TB - and support the advancement of programmes from research into development
- Work with the Infectious Disease Management Team, the Immunocore Leadership Team and the Board to ensure integration of priorities and resources across the organisation
- Oversee portfolio of infectious disease activities (pipeline and platform development) for balance of resource in alignment with Infectious Disease Unit objectives and ensuring integration with the objectives of the wider organisation
- Contribute to overall research activities within the wider organisation
- Contribute to the development of external network of Infectious Disease scientific, technical and clinical collaborations to support the pipeline
- Support the building of internal capabilities and expertise to advance the pipeline from Research into Development
- Co-influence business development interactions to shape the direction of the Unit and the assets therein
- Scientifically lead and oversee the strategy with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (TB, HIV and platform development into non-classic antigens)
- Work with preclinical data readouts and research teams across the pipeline and use these to inform the design and interpretation of early clinical studies
- Support clinical strategies to proof of concept including indication choice, patient selection and proof of mechanism biomarkers
- Support scientific strategy for development of a rational combination approach for clinical programs
- Provide input into the biomarker strategies at both an individual project level and at a more strategic platform level
- Provide input into the design and delivery of patient screening assays and companion diagnostics driven by underlying biomarker analysis
- Significant strategic and operational experience gained within industry, in leading a scientific research organisation through development
- Experience in an infectious diseases therapeutic discipline, including contemporary knowledge of current state of the art in infectious diseases immunotherapies
- Experience with immunotherapeutic approaches gained in Oncology if not Infectious Diseases
- Preferably experience with infectious disease treatment paradigms for HBV, HIV and TB
- Established personal leadership qualities with an enthusiasm for working across functions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and nurture a high performance culture as well as serve people to enable them to thrive
- Professional exposure to multiple functions within biopharmaceutical drug development
- Commercial acumen
The infectious department is currently based at both our Milton Park site and Oxford Science Park.
We're a tight-knit team here in a highly collaborative environment so we like people who roll their sleeves up an get stuck in. Your part in the wider Immunocore mission is visible and highly valued. Come and help us build something special!